Aadhaar card update: Big change in address proof verification process – Know details here
Aadhaar card update: Big change in address proof verification process -Know details
According to a tweet from UIDAI the service to update addresses in the absence of address proof has now been deactivated.
In India, the UIDAI or Aadhaar Card works as an effective proof of identity verification. Every significant document should be linked to Aadhaar, according to the government.
This is why it’s essential to have accurate information on your Aadhaar card.
Previously, the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) had provided option to update addresses in the absence of proof. However, according to a tweet from UIDAI this service has now been deactivated
Meanwhile, because UIDAI has withdrawn its prior guidance, cardholders would have to follow a new set of actions in order to modify their address on their Aadhaar card.
People must now present proof of address, according to UIDAI, in a response to a Twitter user’s tweet on August 10th. Any of the 32 documents listed can now be used to update the address on Aadhaar cards, according to the statement.
You must ensure the Aadhaar card is up to date in order for it to be considered legitimate proof. Your Aadhaar card’s address can be modified both offline and online.
How to update your Aadhaar card’s address:
- Go to Aadhaar service self-update portal – ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ and log in using your details
- Select ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’ from the drop-down menu
- Enter your UID number, which is 12 digits long
- Type the captcha code into the box
- Select ‘Send OTP’ from the options
- Check for the OTP to arrive at the registered phone number
- Enter the received OTP
- Select ‘Log In’
- Fill in your Aadhaar card information
- Choose one of the 32 documents that verify confirmation of address and proof of identity from the list