Jammu Srinagar National Highway traffic update for 16 oct 2022
1. Truckers upto ten Tyre are advised to use Mughal road for movement from Jammu to Srinagar and vice versa-versa.
2. *From 14-10-2022, 1700 hrs. to 15-10-2022, 1700 hrs. Jammu-Srinagar NH 44 remained blocked for 01 hour 56 mins at Ramban bazar, Mehar and wagon due to filling of potholes and macadamization by CPPL. NAVYUG Tunnel closed for 01 hour and C-N Tunnel closed for 02 hours 01 min by Tunnel authorities making the total blockage of 04 hrs 57 mins. There was breakdown of 14 HMVS at various locations on NH-44. Also slow movement between Banihal and Chanderkote due to 13 Nomadic groups.*
3. There shall be no traffic movement on all Fridays on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumri road from either side in view of Maintenance and Repair on Zoji La axis.
4. HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
*TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 16-10-2022:-*
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing this traffic.
*CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS: -*
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0600 hrs. to 1000 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0700 hrs to 1100 hrs &
from Qazigund 0700 hrs to 1000 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
*HMVs/Load Carriers: -*
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, HMVs shall be allowed from NAVYUG Tunnel towards Jammu after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
*SFs Convoy Movement: -*
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Srinagar towards Jammu after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
*SSG ROAD: -*
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, vehicular movement on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumari road shall be allowed from both sides viz Srinagar towards Kargil and vice-versa.
*Cut off timings for LMVs/Passenger/Private Cars:-*
from Minamarg towards Srinagar 0630 hrs. to 1200 hrs.,
Minamarg to Sonamarg only upto 1700 hrs.,
no vehicle shall be allowed beyond Sonamarg after 1500 hrs.,
from Sonamarg towards Kargil 0500 hrs. to 1700 hrs.
from Minamarg towards Srinagar 0730 hrs. to 1130 hrs.
from Sonamarg towards Kargil 1300 hrs. to 1900 hrs.
No vehicle shall be allowed between 1900 hrs and 0500 hrs.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, *LMVs shall be allowed from both sides and HMVs shall be allowed from Srinagar towards Poonch* on Mughal road. *LMVs followed by HMVs will be released from Herpora (Shopian) towards Poonch at 0600 hrs. upto 1800 hrs. & LMVs will be released from Behramgalla (Buffliaz), Poonch towards Srinagar at 0600 hrs upto 1800 hrs.*
After the culmination of Down traffic, standard vehicles at Berahamgalla (Buffiaz) should be cleared.
People are advised to undertake journey on NHW-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 9419147732)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road