Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), Govt of India invites online application form for Pre Matric Scholarships, Post Matric Scholarships, Merit Cum Means (MCM) Scholarship and Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Scheme for Minorities Academic Year 2022-23 through National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2.0) for Fresh & Renewal.
Interested candidates read the full notification carefully, before applying online.
National Scholarship Portal 2022-23
Important Date for Pre Matric
- Application Start Date: 20-07-2022
- Application Last Date: 15-11-2022 (Date Extended)
- Defective Application Verification Last Date: 30-11-2022
- Institute Verification Last Date: 30-11-2022
- DNO/ SNO/ MNO Verification Last Date: 15-12-2022
Important Date for Post Matric
- Application Start Date: 15-07-2022
- Application Last Date: 30-11-2022 (Date Extended)
- Defective Application Verification Last Date: 15-12-2022
- Institute Verification Last Date: 15-12-2022
- DNO/ SNO/ MNO Verification Last Date: 31-12-2022
Eligibility Criteria for NSP Scholarship 2022-23
NSP Pre Matric Scholarship
- Eligibility- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh.
- Scope- The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X.
- Scholarship will be available to the students of minority community studying in Classes I to X.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship
- Eligibility- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- Scope- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/ university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level including Polytechnics and other courses.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level including Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional & Technical Courses CS
- Eligibility- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
- Scope- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private institution, selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will cover technical and professional courses at undergraduate and post graduate level. A list of courses are at Appendix-E.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
|Apply Online||Click Here To Register|
|Applicant Login||Click Here To Login|
|Application *Home Page||Click Here For Home Page|
|Apply For Renewal||Click Here To Renewal|
|Search Institute/ School/ ITI registered with NSP||Click Here To Search|
|Check Previous Year Application Status||Click Here To Check|
|Download Scholarship Guidelines||Pre Matric Scholarship|
|Post Matric Scholarship|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship|
|Official Website||Click Here To Open Website|
Online scholarships applications are being invited from eligible and interested studying aspirants for Central Sector Scheme under various department as Pre Matric and Post Matric Scholarship. The all eligible aspirants can apply online through NSP Portal https://scholarships.gov.in/ for Academic Session 2022-23 for various Scholarship schemes.
NSP Scholarships Important Summary
|Ministry Name||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Scholarships List||Pre Matric Scholarships, Post Matric Scholarships, Merit Cum Means (MCM) Scholarship|
|Application Start Date||20 July 2022|
|Application Last Date||30 November 2022|
|Eligibility||Studying in Pre Matric or Post Matric class|
|Eligible Communities||Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis|
|Portal Name||National Scholarship Portal|
|NSP Portal Link||scholarships.gov.in|
What is NSP Portal?
NSP is one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, verification, processing, and disbursal of various scholarships to students are facilitated. National Scholarship Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project (MMP) under Digital India. This initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive and Transparent ‘SMART’ System for faster and effective disbursal of Scholarship to eligible applicants directly into their account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) without any leakages.
List of Documents Required For National Scholarships
The following documents are required to be uploaded for Fresh applications under the Merit cum Means based Scholarship if the amount of Scholarship is more than Rs. 50,000/- per annum. Uploading of document is not necessary for applying under Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme.
- Student Photo.
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government.
- A self certified Community Certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years of age and for others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian is required.
- Applicants for Scholarship under MCM based Scheme have to upload self-attested Mark Sheet, indicating that the applicant has secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at higher secondary/ graduation level.
- Fee Receipt of ‘Current Course Year’.
- Bank Account number of the Student along with the IFSC Code of the bank branch (for Pre Matric Scheme where students do not have their own bank account, parents/guardian can provide their own account details).
- Residential/ Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhaar number of the student and if Aadhaar is not available then bonafide student certificate from the school/institute and scanned copies of bank passbook and Aadhaar enrolment ID (if applied for Aadhaar).
- If School/Institute is located in a State/UT different from domicile State/UT of the applicant then bonafide student certificate from School/Institute.
List of All Central Sector Scheme
All Central Sector Scholarship Scheme has been opened from 20 July 2022 through National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Ministry of Labour & Employment
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Department of School Education & Literacy
- Department of Higher Education
- WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
- RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
- North Eastern Council(NEC), DoNER
Pre Matric and Post Matric Scholarships Selection Process
For fresh and renewal applicants selection process are as given below:
For Fresh Applicants Selection Process
As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an income certificate as per para-11(ii)). In case of same income, merit shall be generated from ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of applicant (senior is preferred).
For Renewal Applicants Selection Process
There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
Minority Scholarships Distribution Rule
Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. A total of five (05) lakh scholarships are targeted to be distributed as ‘Fresh’ Scholarships, besides, Renewal scholarships. The distribution of scholarship among the States/Union Territories will be made on the basis of population of minorities in the States/Union Territories as per Census 2001 for 2017-18 and as per the population of minorities in the States/Union Territories of Census 2011 for 2018-19 and 2019-20 (as per Appendices- A & B).
Pre Matric Rate Of Scholarship
The details of the scheme interventions for 2017-18 to 2019-20 are as under:
|Item||Rate of Scholarship|
|Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Tuition Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 350/- per month subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Maintenance Allowance||For Class I to V*: Rs. 100/- per month for Day Scholar|
|For Class VI to X*: Rs. 600/- per month for Hosteller Rs. 100/-per month for Day Scholar|
* For 10 months in an academic year.
Post Matric Rate Of Scholarship
Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission & course /tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned for 2017-20. The details of the scheme interventions for 2017-18 to 2019-20 are as under:
|Item||Rate of Scholarship|
|Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee||Admission and tuition fee Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or more year of duration): Rs. 10,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level: Rs. 3,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Maintenance Allowance||For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course*: Rs. 380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/- per month for Day Scholar|
|For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level*: Rs. 570/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 300/- per month for Day Scholar|
|For M.Phil & Ph.D.*: Rs. 1,200/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 550/- per month for Day Scholar|
* For 10 months in an academic year.
Scholarships Application Complete Steps Via NSP
- Step-1. Registration Details.
- Step-2. Academic Details.
- Step-3. Basic Details.
- Step-4. Documents Uploading (If Applicable).
- Step-5. Taking Print Out Or Saving In PDF Format.
How To Apply For Scholarships On NSP Portal
The Pre-Matric, Post Matric and Merit cum Means based Scholarship Schemes are online Schemes and one can apply for fresh or renewal Scholarship under any of these Schemes on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at https://scholarships.gov.in/. Link to the Portal is also provided on the website of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, i.e. www.minorityaffairs.gov.in. An online undertaking has to be submitted for registration on the NSP by applicants who are above the age of 18 years and by the parents/guardian if the applicant is below the age of 18 years.