UGC opens registration for Youth Parliament programme for all institutes; apply till June 30
NEW DELHI: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has urged all educational institutes to take part in the Youth Parliament programme. The UGC has been running the Youth Parliament programme in various educational institutions of the country since 1966 with an objective to strengthen the roots of Parliamentary democracy, inculcate healthy habits of discipline.
The commission informed that all educational institutions can access the portal at nlps.mpa.gov.in and the Youth Parliament registration for the current session is open till June 30, 2022.
Educational institutes whose applications have been approved by the UGC will be able to organize Youth Parliament sittings till August 31, 2022. The salient features of the web-portal are:
- All recognised educational institutions of the country are eligible to participate in this programme.
- The registration for participation will be done by the educational institutions through the web-portal.
- E-training modules, videos, photographs and scripts are available on the portal for online self-learning of the participants.
- After successful registration, the educational institutions will be able to conduct youth parliament sittings in their respective institutions.
- Each student taking part in the sitting will get a ‘Certification of Appreciation” through the web portal.
“All the Higher Educational Institutions and their affiliated colleges/institutions are requested to participate and register on the NYPS portal,” the UGC said in a letter addressed to all vice-chancellors, principals of all universities, colleges.