CUET Passing Marks 2023: For candidates who aspire to qualify the CUET 2023 and get admitted in their desired course/college/university, it is important that the candidates must score around 300-400 marks in the CUET 2023. However, the candidates should also note that if they are interested in getting admitted into a specific university, then they should go through the specific CUET eligibility criteria laid down by the college/university and target for the same. Each CUET participating universities have their own set of requirements that aspirants have to mandatorily meet and therefore should check the same before applying.
Additionally, candidates should also be aware of the fact that a few universities provide 85% weightage to CUET Qualifying Marks, and the remaining, 15% weightage is calculated based on the personal interview round conducted by the college/university authorities.
CUET Passing Marks 2023: The CUET exam 2023 is being conducted from May 21 to June 2, and on June 5 & 6, 2023. CUET 2023 Admit Card was released on May 19, 2023. CUET 2023 is a national-level entrance test that provides admission to numerous UG courses after class 12th. Candidates appearing for Common University Entrance Test, need to be well aware of CUET 2023 Passing Marks. It will tremendously help them in making a well-informed decision after the exam is over. Knowing the CUET qualifying marks will provide an idea about the colleges that candidates might be shortlisted in and apply for UG admissions. Read on to find out everything about CUET 2023 minimum passing marks.
CUET passing marks 2023 range between 300 to 400, with 85% weightage of the entrance exam and 15% weightage of the personal interview. Therefore, admission into a CUET-participating university is based on the CUET exam scores and personal interview performance.
CUET phase I was conducted from May 21 to 24, 2023. Phase II began on May 25, 2023, and ended on May 28, 2023. Phase III s being conducted from May 29 to June 6 2023.
CUET Passing Marks 2023
There are also some other eligibility criteria the candidates must meet to get admission to the specific universities of their choice. Some of the participating universities have their own set of requirements too.
- CUET passing marks 2023 will range from 300 to 400.
- Moreover, the CUET marks are calculated based on the performance in the exam and in the personal interview.
CUET 2023 Maximum Marks and Exam Pattern
Check out the information below on the maximum CUET passing marks 2023 and the exam pattern a candidate can expect when appearing for the exam.
- The CUET 2023 will be held in two sessions: the first slot was between 9 AM and 12:15 PM and the second was between 3 PM and 6:45 PM.
- For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 5 marks.
- For an incorrect answer, a negative mark will be there.
- Suppose any question or option is found to be incorrect or dropped. In that case, all the candidates who attempted to answer the question will be awarded 5 marks.
|CUET Merit List 2023
|CUET Marks vs Percentile 2023
CUET Maximum Marks Per Section
The table below is a glimpse of the CUET maximum marks per section, i.e., the maximum marks allotted for each section in the CUET question paper.
|Section I – A
|Section I – B
Sections of CUET 2023
As mentioned in the above table, there are multiple sections in the CUET question paper, such as section 1, section 2 & section 3. These sessions consist of one language test, two domain-specific papers and the general test.
|27 Domain-specific Subjects
|CUET Colleges List 2023
|CUET Courses List 2023
Section-Wise CUET Passing Marks 2023
The aspiring candidates of the CUET should be familiar with the required CUET passing marks 2023 for the various sections of the exam, including the language section, domain-specific sections and the general test. We can look into the detailed section-wise CUET qualifying marks for 2023.
Section I – Language
The questions in section IA and section IB are designed to evaluate the vocabulary and literary ability of the candidates.
- They will be allowed to choose a maximum of three subjects.
- Candidates should answer at least 40 questions out of 50 in an allotted time of 45 minutes in the language of their preference.
- The minimum CUET passing marks for this section will be around 80 to 90 each for A and B
- Total of 160 to 180 marks
- 5% relaxation for the reserved categories
Section II – Domain-Specific Subjects
The candidates can choose up to 6 domain-specific subjects out of 27 subjects provided other than the three language options.
- Candidates must answer 40 to 50 questions for every domain chosen.
- A time span of 45 minutes is allotted to each domain.
- A candidate can obtain a maximum mark of 300 from this section.
- The passing mark for this section of domain-specific subjects will be over 120 marks.
Section III – General Aptitude Exam
The general test for CUET 2023 will be conducted to test the candidates’ general knowledge, quantitative aptitude, and logical reasoning ability.
- The candidates have to answer 60 questions in 60 minutes out of the 70 questions.
- The passing mark for this section will be more than 120 marks.
Who Set Up the CUET 2023 Cutoff?
The responsibility of determining individual cutoff scores remains in the hands of all the participating institutes in CUET 2023. The candidates are expected to score an equal or higher mark than the announced cutoff to qualify for the CUET 2023 merit list.
- For an individual score of 640 out of 800, the exam percentile will be 80. Candidates with an exam percentile of 80 or above can attend various top colleges
- An aspirant who opts for moderate colleges should score about 500 marks in the exam.
- Apart from the qualifying percentile of 60, the students should pass the cutoff announced by the desired university.
- Participating universities will decide how to express the CUET cutoff in the form of rankings, marks, or percentile.