Government Orders transfers and postings of JKAS officers
In a recent development aimed at optimizing administrative efficiency, the Government of Jammu and Kashmir has issued Order No.1584-JK(GAD) dated 11.12.2023, announcing a series of transfers and postings with immediate effect.
1. Mr. Mohammad Ashraf, a seasoned officer holding the position of Deputy Director (Administration) in the Directorate of Social Welfare, Kashmir, is now reassigned as the Deputy District Election Officer in Srinagar.
2. Mr. Mohammad Rafeeq Shat, currently serving as Deputy Director in Urban Local Bodies, Kashmir, will now take charge as the Deputy District Election Officer in Bandipore.
3. Mr. Noor-ud-din Bhat, who previously held the position of Deputy District Election Officer in Bandipore, is reassigned to the role of Deputy Director in Urban Local Bodies, Kashmir.
4. Mr. Shakeel Hussain, Deputy District Election Officer in Srinagar, is now appointed as Deputy Director (Administration) in the Directorate of Social Welfare, Kashmir.
5. Mr. Om Parkash, serving as District Panchayat Officer, Real, has been transferred and will now assume the role of Deputy District Election Officer in Doda.
6. Mr. Harvinder Singh, who was the Private Secretary with the Chairman, Advisory Board under 38K Public Safety Act, is set to take on the responsibilities of Deputy District Election Officer in Samba, filling an existing vacancy.
This series of transfers and postings underscores the government’s commitment to optimizing the allocation of human resources for enhanced administrative effectiveness across various departments in the region. Such strategic reassignments aim to leverage the skills and experiences of officers in diverse capacities, ultimately contributing to the overall development and well-being of the Jammu and Kashmir administrative landscape.