IOCL Recruitment 2024: Check Eligibility, 473 Vacancies, Last Date, Application form
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) is going to recruit for 473 Apprentice vacancies under various trades. Eligible candidates can apply for it on the official website, iocl.com. The application deadline is February 1.
The trades include Mechanical, Electrical, T&I, Human Resource, Accounts/Finance and Data Entry Operator, among others. Eligibility criteria and required qualifications are different for each trade. Candidates can check the detailed notification for more information.
Candidates who are at least 18 years old and not more than 24 years old as on January 12 can apply for these vacancies. Relaxation in the age limit will be given to reserved category candidates.
The duration of apprenticeship and training will be 12 months and the rate of stipend payable to apprentices per month will be as prescribed under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 /Apprentices Rules 1992 (as amended) and Corporation’s guidelines, IOCL said.
Selection of candidates will be done through a written test, containing objective-type multiple choice questions (MCQs).
There will be 100 questions in the written test and the total marks in the exam will be 100. Each question will be of 1 mark, with negative marking for wrong answers.
For further details, candidates can check the IOCL apprentice recruitment portal.
Apprenticeship training is a great way to gain the skills and experience you need to start a career in a skilled trade. Apprenticeships are typically sponsored by employers, who provide on-the-job training and classroom instruction. In addition to learning the skills of your trade, you’ll also earn a paycheck while you train.
Benefits of apprenticeship training
There are many benefits to apprenticeship training, including:
- Earn while you learn: Apprenticeships are paid positions, so you’ll start earning money right away. This can help you offset the cost of tuition and living expenses.
- Get hands-on experience: Apprenticeships provide you with the opportunity to learn by doing. You’ll work under the supervision of experienced professionals who can teach you the skills you need to succeed.
- Gain a nationally recognized credential: Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you’ll earn a journeyperson’s card, which is a nationally recognized credential that employers value.
- Increase your job security: Skilled trades are in high demand, and apprenticeships can help you land a good-paying job with excellent benefits.
- Avoid student debt: Apprenticeships are a great alternative to traditional college. You can gain the skills and experience you need to start a career without taking on a lot of student debt.
How to become an apprentice
If you’re interested in becoming an apprentice, there are a few things you can do:
- Research apprenticeship programs in your area. There are many different apprenticeship programs available, so you’re sure to find one that’s right for you.
- Contact your local union or trade association. Unions and trade associations can help you find apprenticeship programs and provide you with information about the skills and experience you need to be successful.
- Attend a job fair. Job fairs are a great place to meet with employers who offer apprenticeship programs.
Apprenticeship training is a great way to gain the skills and experience you need to start a successful career in a skilled trade. If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional college, apprenticeship training is a great option.
I hope this article has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Additional benefits of apprenticeship training
In addition to the benefits listed above, apprenticeship training can also help you:
- Develop soft skills: Apprenticeships can help you develop important soft skills, such as communication, teamwork, and problem-solving. These skills are essential for success in any job.
- Get a head start on your career: Apprenticeships can help you get a head start on your career by giving you the skills and experience you need to land a good-paying job.
- Make a difference in your community: Skilled trades are essential for the infrastructure of our communities. By completing an apprenticeship, you can help to make a difference in your community.