JKPSC Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission: Corrigendum to Notification No 89-PSC (DR-S) of 2023 dated 08-11-2023 regarding provisional selection list for the post of Assistant Prof Sericulture in HED
Interview Schedule for the post of Assistant Professor(s) Mathematics, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Electrical Engineering in GCET, in Higher Education Department
Written Examination for the posts of Assistant Professor(s) (Accounting and Taxation Banking Corporation, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Nutrition, Tour and Travel, Cost Accounting, Education, Horticulture Technology, Handloom and Handicrafts and Music/Music Instrumental Vocal) in Higher Education Department, 2023 – Provisional Answer Key.
Provisional Selection List for the post of Assistant Professor, Islamic Studies in HED
Written Examination for filling up of Gazetted vacancies in various Govt. Medical Colleges in Health and Medical Education Department, 2023 – Provisional Key thereof.
Calendar for Examinations for November, December, 2023 and January 2024.
Conduct of written examination for the posts of Assistant Professor(s) (Mathematics, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication Engg. and Electrical Engg.) in GCET in Higher education Department – Issuance of Final Official Key thereof.
Filling up of the posts of Assistant Professor(s) (Mathematics, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication Engg. and Electrical Engg.) in GCET in Higher Education Department – Result of written Test reg.
Provisional Selection List for the post of Assistant Professor, Bio Medical Engineering in GCET, in HED
Provisional Selection List for the post of Assistant Professor, Hindi in HED
Filling up of the posts of Assistant Professor Sanskrit in Higher Education Department
Filling up of the posts of Scientific Officer in FSL Home Department
Filling up of the posts of Deputy Medical Superintendent GMC Jammu/Srinagar in HM E
06/11/2023 Download Admit Card for KCS (Judicial) Main Examination 2023
Interview Schedule for the post of Assistant Professor Electronics and Sericulture in Higher Education Department.
Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission widely known as JKPSC, is a constitutional body formed by the Government of India under articles 128 and 133 which conducts the civil services examination for appointment to various civil services in the Indian administered union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. The JKPSC, autonomous body select the officers for various key positions in state civil services according to the merits of the candidates and the rules of reservation.
The history of Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission begins with the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services Regulation volume-II, which explains the civil services of the state. The concept of conducting statewide competitive examination for appointment to specific posts came into consideration way back between 1954-1957. During the Dogra Rule Maharaja Hari Singh had introduced Civil Service examination for the first time in the state in 1941. Before that the Maharaja used to nominate candidates for civil service training who after completing the training would join the state government. Agha Nasir Ali was the first Kashmiri to top the civil service examination when they were introduced for the first time in 1941. He was the first Deputy Commissioner of Srinagar. Later, previous rules were revoked by the Kashmir Civil Service Rules-1954. The formation of JKPSC is revealed by the Indian public service commissions which further explains the Constitution of India in Part XXI along with Article 370, giving autonomous status. Section 128 of the Constitution of J&K describes the formation of JKPSC which indicates the commission was set up on 2 September 1957.
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission is the top-most constitutional body and senior-most civil services of the Government of India. Its headquarters are located in Solina area of Srinagar city, 190009. The Commission is headed by its chairman who is responsible for the recruitment process, JKPSC policy formulation, and its implementation. The commission chairman including other members are appointed by the state governor. The governor has the right to determine the number of members as well as the members of the commission and their terms of service under certain sections of J&K state.
Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission conducts the various Competitive Examinations and Departmental examinations as mandated by section 137 in Part IX of the Constitution of Jammu and Kashmir.
JKPSC Competitive examinationS
- Kashmir Administrative Service
- KCS (Judicial)
- Medical Officers(Allopathy)
- Veterinary Assistant Surgeon
- Range Officers (wildlife/Territorial/Soil).
- Assistant Director (Statistics)
- Assistant Conservator Of Forest (ACF)
JKPSC Departmental examinations
- Excise and Taxation Officers
- Excise and Taxation Inspectors
- Excise and Taxation Sub-Inspectors
- Revenue Service (Executive)
- KAS Probationers
- Subordinate Accounts Course (SAC-I)
- Subordinate Accounts Course (SAC-II)
- Accounts Clerk Course (ACC)
- IAS Probationers
- Labour Inspectors/Officers
- Executive Engineer (Accounts)
- Assistant Engineer (Accounts)
- Junior Statistical Assistant Course
- Statistical Assistant Course
- Statistical Officer
JKPSC Duties and function
- To conducts statewide civil services examinations and recruitment process for appointments to the various posts on state level.
- Every year, it submits a report about the work done by the commission to the state governor.
- To ensure the procedures of transfer, promotion, recruitment, and dismissals of civil services posts constitutionally prescribed principles.
- To Report its activities of the performance including any finding in accordance with prescribed values and principles constitutionally.
- To investigate and analyze the application of personnel and public administration practices, and report to the relevant executive authority and legislature of Jammu & Kashmir.
- The commission shall be consulted on all disciplinary matters affecting a person serving under the Government including memorials or petitions relating to such matters.
- To advise on any matter referred to them in compliance with the section 133 of the Constitution of the Indian states.