TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
1. From 22-05-2023, 1700 hrs. to 23-05-2023, 1700 hrs Jammu Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 01 hour 04 mins due to NAVYUG Tunnel closed and C-N Tunnel closed for 04 hours 10 mins by Tunnel authorities, making the total blockage of 05 hrs 14 mins. Also slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 17 HMVs and movement of 12 nomadic flocks between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
2. HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
3. There shall be no vehicular movement on Friday 26th of May, 2023 on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gummari road from either side in view of road maintenance on Zoji La Axis.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 24-05-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall be liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0600 hrs. to 1100 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0700 hrs to 1200 hrs &
from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qzd. side) 0600 hrs to 1100 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from Jakheni (Udhampur) towards Srinagar after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Udhampur shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, only one way traffic from Srinagar towards Kargil shall be allowed on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumri road. These vehicles shall be allowed from Sonamarg, LMVs at 0630 hrs. to 0730 hrs. followed by HMVs upto 0930 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut off timing.
Mughal road is still closed. Tomorrow on 24-05-2023, no vehicular movement shall be allowed from either side on Mughal road . People are advised not to take any journey on Mughal road till the restoration work is completed.
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 23-05-2023 at 1800 hrs.