TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
1. From 09-10-2023, 1700 hrs. to 10-10-2023, 1700 hrs., Jammu-Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 3 mins due to an oil tanker caught fire at Shalgarhi. Slow movement was observed on NH-44 due to breakdown of 10 HMVs, 10 nomadic herds and single lane traffic at Mehar, Cafeteria and Dalwas between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
*2. Passengers/LMVs operators are advised to prefer journey on Jammu-Srinagar NHW on day time. Please avoid journey during night hours as movement of nomads from Kashmir valley towards Jammu may cause inconvenience to the commuters* .
3. HMVs Operators/Owners are requested to desist from overloading. It is further requested that vehicle owners must double check the fitness of their vehicles before undertaking journey on Jammu-Srinagar NHW.
4. HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
*TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 11-10-2023:-*
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions LMVs Passenger/Private Cars/HMVs/Load Carriers shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway (NH-44) viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. Commuters are advised to follow lane discipline.
*SFs Convoy Movement:-*
Subject to fair weather and good road conditions Security Forces vehicles shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW (NH-44) viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, vehicular movement on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumari road shall be allowed from both sides viz Srinagar towards Kargil and vice-versa. LMVs followed by HMVs shall be allowed from Minamarg towards Srinagar at 0730 hrs. to 1100 hrs. Similarly, LMVs followed by HMVs shall be allowed from Sonamarg towards Kargil at 1300 hrs to 1700 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut off timings.
*SFs Convoy, plying from Srinagar to Kargil, shall leave Srinagar at 0800 hrs. SFs Convoy plying from Drass to Srinagar shall plan their movement in such a manner so that Civil Traffic doesn’t get disturbed.*
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, vehicular movement on Mughal road shall be allowed from both sides viz. Poonch towards Shopian and vice versa. These vehicles shall be allowed from Behramgalla (Buffliaz) and Herpora (Shopian) at 0600 hrs. upto 1800 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut of timings
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road.