UGC Recruitment 2023 for Joint Secretary posts, check eligibility, last date
UGC Recruitment Update: University Grants Commission invites online applications for the post of Joint Secretary (4 positions) on deputation basis.
Online applications are invited for filling up of 4 Nos of Joint Secretary posts on Deputation basis in the Office of the University Grants Commission, New Delhi. The last date submission of online applications is 03-12-2023
1. The eligibility of candidate shall be determined as on the last date of submission of the application form.
2. The number of posts are tentative, and may vary and the UGC reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of posts and may or may not fill any post(s) and its decision in this regard shall be final.
3. The UGC reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates.
In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the UGC reserves the right to modify/withdraw/ cancel any communication made to the candidate.
5. The prescribed qualifications are minimum and mere possession and fulfillment of the essential and desirable qualifications for a post does not entitle the candidate to be called for interview/test as may be decided by the UGC. Applications having higher qualifications or merit may be given preference.
6. Interested candidates may apply online at UGC website www.ugc.gov.in only. However, duly self-attested photocopies of the testimonials along with the application in duplicate may submit to “The Under Secretary (Admin-1/A&B) Room No. 204, University Grants Commission, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110 002” by Register/Speed post on or before………. 13-12-2023
7. The decision of the Committee to shortlist the candidates from amongst the total number of applications received will be binding on all. Applications without required enclosures and enclosures not in prescribed formats will not be considered.
8. The candidates short-listed for interview/test will be informed by website notification/e-mail.
9. Original certificates should be produced only at the time of interview.
10. The UGC shall verify the antecedents and documents submitted by the candidate atvthe time of appointment or during the tenure of his/ her service. In case, it is found that the documents/ information submitted by the candidate are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents / background and has suppressed any information then his/her services shall be terminated.
In the case of in-service applicants, the Forwarding Authority may ensure that the applications are accompanied by APARS for the last five years and a Vigilance Clearance Certificate attested by an Officer, not below the rank of Under Secretary/Equivalent.
Requirements/Guidelines for filling Online Application
Candidates should have valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number, this will help him/her in getting information regarding Call Letter / Interview / Acknowledgment by e- mail and SMS.
Candidates should first scan their photograph in JPEG format. The digital size of the file should be less than 200KB. (The applications with Selfie Photographs/ Photographs with Caps/Hats/Goggles/Mobile Photos will not be considered.)
Candidates need to Scan the duly filled-in required documents as per the prescribed formats (available at www.ugc.gov.in) in PDF for uploading at the time of submission of online application. ( documents in different formats/un-clear formats will be rejected).
4.Applications shall be entertained only if all the required documents were uploaded in prescribed formats during the submission of online application.
5. Applicants may ensure that the applications are accompanied by grading APARS for the last five years attested by an officer, not below the rank of Under Secretary/equivalent of forwarding organization.
6. Candidates may visit the website i.e., www.ugc.gov.in and follow the instructions given on the website from time to time.
7.Merely filling up online form does not mean that the application has been submitted. Once filling up of online application is completed, the candidate is required to press “Submit” button on the last.
8. Candidates are advised to fill the applications carefully. They may go through the filled in form, before final submission, to ensure that all the information provided in the form is correct. Upon successful filling up of form, candidates should note the reference number displayed on the screen. Candidates can re-open the application by using this reference number for viewing and printing purposes. Once the application is filled complete, the candidate should take a printout of the system- generated PDF file and send the application through the proper channel.
The candidate must ensure to furnish correct Mobile Number and e-mail ID to receive registration confirmation and other communications from time to time. While applying online form the applicant should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned above and that the particulars furnished by him/her are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfills the eligibility norms or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material facts, his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after the appointment his/her services are likely to be terminated.